OT DVLA Strike again

Traded the Rangie in on a Renult Laguna last September, swopped the number plates (eventually!) and picked it up with 12 months tax and MOT.

Renewal arrives today to say it's due for renewal on 31st July 06.... I was so stunned I checked the Disc in the window and it says expiry is on 31st August 2006, It's a computer printed tax disk from the DVLO too due to the change in number plate.

Go figure!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

bah - relying on Govt sponsored IT systems to deliver accurate, on-time results is worse than relying on aspirin for contraception.

Gimme the paper-trail every time.

Reply to
William Tasso

snip

snip

Asprins don't work for contraception????

Nigel (a government IT worker)

Reply to
Nigel

Cue vaseline and putty jokes.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Ahhh, so that's where we went wrong when no.2 came along a bit unexpectedly!

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

I usually find that's down to prunes!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

LOL! :)

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

Only if she clenches it between her knees...

Reply to
Mother

hehehehhe

Reply to
Nige

..and says "No!"

Reply to
LizzyTaylor

So if I understand this correctly you're saying "Just say 'No' to drugs".

............I'll get me coat

;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Its come up to renewal time for all my SORN's so their computer system is probably getting confused by that. I have only recieved 1/~10 reminders so far. I was hoping i would get a big fat A3 envelope with them all in together like i did last time, but perhaps they are trying to catch me out this time!

Reply to
Tom Woods

I mentioned that one to my wife and she immediately saw a flaw in the idea by commenting "wouldn't work if I was on my knees!"

:-)

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

|| Mother wrote: ||| On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 20:38:52 +0100, "Nigel" ||| wrote: ||| |||| Asprins don't work for contraception???? ||| ||| Only if she clenches it between her knees... || || I mentioned that one to my wife and she immediately saw a flaw || in the idea by commenting "wouldn't work if I was on my knees!" || || :-)

;-) You'd have somewhere to rest your copy of LRO though.

Reply to
Richard Brookman