OT: Home Economics #7

[it's good to share!]

Dear Friend,

Welcome to another edition of Energy Saving Home Economics!

In these straightened times, we find it helpful to employ household objects in a variety of energy-saving tasks. This week family pets take centre stage.

It's often not appreciated just how useful the average dog or cat can be in the energy conscious home. The tip below was sent in by a reader, and we're happy to pass it on, with one caveat: our own testing has shown that if you live in an apartment situated higher than the fourth floor, it's probably wise to close the windows before step eight of this procedure. If, however, your home does not have shatter-proof glass, you may want to leave _all_ the windows wide open until the end of the process.

Just remember: a thoughtful home is a safe home...

Washing the toilet bowl =======================

  1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl.

  1. Pick up the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

  2. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close the lid. You may need to stand on the lid.

  1. The cat will self agitate and make ample suds. Never mind the noises that come from the toilet, the cat is actually enjoying this.

  2. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a 'power-wash' and rinse'.

  1. Have someone open the front door of your home. Be sure that there are no people between the bathroom and the front door.

  2. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift the lid.

  1. The cat will rocket out of the toilet, streak through the bathroom, and run outside where he will dry himself off.

  2. Both the toilet and the cat will be sparkling clean.

Yours Sincerely,

The Dog

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

Fabulous! Duly circulated to pet-loving friends ...

Thanks, gave me a good chuckle.

Reply to
Rich B

On or around Tue, 16 Dec 2008 23:35:35 -0000, "Rich B" enlightened us thusly:

that's an old one, but yes, a good one.

Reply to
Austin Shackles