OT - oh bugger, now look...

Yikes - look what I've done now!

:-)

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Tim Hobbs blithered:

Not by any massive stretch of the imagination could a Spridget be confused with a Land Rover! Guess it'd do as a chock if need be!

Reply to
GbH

Congrats I'm jealous, always wanted a family car !! See surname

Dave Healey

1996 Tdi Discovery
Reply to
Dave H

On or around Sat, 09 Jul 2005 21:10:26 +0100, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

oooh, shiny.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Right up my street Tim - as well as L/R, i'm into classic cars as well!

good purchase.

Gary

Tim Hobbs wrote:

Reply to
Gaza

As it turns out, not so...

Didn't proceed in the end, due to the second-placed bidder being the seller. So the hunt goes on.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Is fraud init... Simply go around and 'make a small claim'...

Reply to
Mother

On or around Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:27:58 +0100, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

FFS, why do it obviously? some people. I assume it *was* obvious, else how would you know?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Mother"

Reply to
GbH

*IF* eBay takes the report seriously...
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On or around Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:35:15 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

he's no longer a registered user. Had feedback of 63, too. stupid thing to do.

If, of course, it wasn't him, then he's no doubt justifiably pissed off, now.

the other bidder wasn't a "zero", either, but then again he was removing zero-feedback bids, so couldn't have been. Easy enough to get an account with a small positive feedback - buy a couple of small items and pay for 'em and get feedback. Not worth it for the sums involved though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

And fighting eBay... The second bidder did look a bit iffy, not many purchases and, ISTR, two of them with your seller but too long ago to know what they were.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Don't get _me_ started on that either!

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

How did you find that out? i've often wondered about that.

Gary

Tim Hobbs wrote:

Reply to
Gaza

Basically, he screwed up. He responded to a question from another bidder using the wrong email account. Whoops! T'other bidder tipped me off.

He's now barred, along with at least one alias. Several of his feedback entries have suddenly turned to 'user no longer registered', so goodness knows how many aliases he had.

Ebay can, of course, see all the bidding activity from a user, where we can only see the auctions won. Thankfully I didn't proceed - but only because I had a problem with paypal....

Moral of the story is... don't pay instantly (as I usually do), but give it 24 hours in case something arises....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs