OT - on the scrounge

As a hobby I run a miniature railway near Chippenham (see

I am currently running a new water pipe (1"/25mm blue polypipe) to the platforms. I have bought a length from Wickes, but I am 3m short (and I don't want to buy another 20 - 25m coil for the sake of 3m).

So, does anybody have 3m of blue polypipe lying around that I could scrounge please.

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

Yes....... but I'm near Manchester. You're welcome to it if you're passing.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

There's some you can have here too - but probably even less likely than you getting some from Martin.

Reply to
EMB

|>> So, does anybody have 3m of blue polypipe lying around that I could |>> scrounge please. |>>

|>> Cheers |>>

|>> Peter |>>

Some here too. And you're welcome to it. But you'd need to be in S.Devon to make it worthwhile.

Reply to
Howie

In article , puffernutter writes

I _had_ exactly what you needed, but I've just looked in the garage and I remembered what I did with it:

Freecycle!

This is apparently your local Freecycle group. You need to sign up to the mailing list (our local one uses Yahoo) and post a wanted ad.

Once they know it's for a good cause I expect you'll look like the Michelin man in a short while!

One slight caution: spamtrap your postings there thoroughly. The DC offered to learn how to post stuff on offer there last time we had a clear out, to save me doing it, and within about 48 hours was receiving a lot of junk mail.

HTH,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig