OT: privately owned tank

ok, I'm looking for a tank (or something similar) in a private collection that I could use for a photoshoot. Where could I start looking to find one? It needs to be in the south west, and int needs to be privately owned not in a public display or museum or similar.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Twas Thu, 17 Jun 2004 00:56:09 +0100 when Mr.Nice. put finger to keyboard producing:

I should add I don't want to buy one, I need one for a few hours for a photoshoot.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

You could look on milweb.net and try asking some of the dealers listed there. if you could take pictures of one of theirs? I think there may also be links to places that supply tanks for films and TV on there too.

I think that there are also some places that do tank driving days and the like

is one i found on milweb). Theymight be worth a try.

Reply to
Tom Woods

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Mr.Nice. at snipped-for-privacy@-nospam-clara.co.uk wrote on 17/6/04 0:56:

What about a the only running in Britain BTR40 armoured car and/or a M9 halftrack with a stonking gurt morter in the back, near Colyton Devon, plus there is some grat countryside round there.

Plus ther are several other military vehicles in the collection. E me privatly if you want for more info.

Reply to
Rory Manton

What about The Tank Museum, Bovington? That's in Dorset.

QrizB

Depends on the timescale you're working on, but there are a couple of magazines for military vehicle collectors, plus a big annual event down in Kent (I think Land Rovers have been seen there).

Is there anything specific, such as the age (WW2 or later) or nationality?

If you want a quicker contact, remember to check for local events. I don't expect there'll be a tank at Cleethorpes this weekend, but the steam railway there is doing a WW2 event, with reenactment groups ("The Seagull has Landed"). But that's well out of your reach.

Reply to
David G. Bell

Contact the MVT (Military Vehicle Trust), a collective 'club' of private owners of some fecking serious motors. These people make owning a 101 seem rather like playing with Lego...

Reply to
Mother

Twas Thu, 17 Jun 2004 06:05:04 GMT when snipped-for-privacy@dev.null (QrizB) put finger to keyboard producing:

dude, I photograph naked folk...

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

If you really mean SW, Road into Trago Mills, Liverton South Devon, there is a Paint Ball park dolled up in military fashion with a tracked military vehicle of some sort dunno if it moves...

art

Reply to
aw

Twas Thu, 17 Jun 2004 14:41:16 +0100 when aw put finger to keyboard producing:

sounds interesting, it's east of me but I'll look into it, it doesn't have to move.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Twas Thu, 17 Jun 2004 09:56:23 +0100 when Mother put finger to keyboard producing:

is there a website presence for them?

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Twas Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:07:57 +0100 (BST) when snipped-for-privacy@zhochaka.demon.co.uk ("David G. Bell") put finger to keyboard producing:

Age doesn't matter for this, it just has to say "tank" to the untrained eye. Something to drape a naked female over ;o)

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Mother

Try Whitecliff quarry, Coleford, Glos (easily found on most search engines) they have allsorts and a private location to boot! Don.

Reply to
<freeminer