P38 Tow Bar Electrics

Hi all,

When fitting a tow bar to a P38 can I use a standard 12N socket (around =A35) and scotch the cables into the loom, or do I really need the genuine kit (around =A340) that plugs in? I appreciate that it would be easier to use the plug in one and that later RRs need the proper kit because of the electronics, but with the P38 one is it just a convenience issue?

Cheers, Chris.

Reply to
chris

Tapping into the harness should be ok - but DO NOT USE Scotch Locks, use proper crimps!

Scotch locks were invented by auto electricains to drump up trade ;-)

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

You can fit it however you like. If you try Vehicle Wiring Products, they might even have the right magic connector to do it neatly.

Scotchloks are merely a way of scheduling a future failure. Avoid!

Reply to
Andy Dingley