part nos. for series III towing plate bolts.

Hi,

I've tried in all the usual places, but I can't find the part numbers for the standard bolts & nuts that connect the towing plate to the chassis..

They are a little worse for wear and as I have the fuel tank off ( rear tank on 6 cyl 109" ) I may as well replace them while I have access.

Cheers,

Mike.

Reply to
Mike

Part number! For a bleeding bolt. Just measure the old ones and buy replacements from your local engineering supplies place.

Reply to
EMB

local.. !! thats the problem, the nearest is 40 miles away.. thats why I want to order them.

Reply to
Mike

Top ones 256256 or 4 1/2" x 3/8", Nuts NH606041L 3/8"

Bottom ones 256336 or 4 1/2" x 5/8", Nuts 254816 5/8"

Martin

Reply to
Oily

On or around Sat, 11 Aug 2007 23:49:51 +0100, "Oily" enlightened us thusly:

or if you're not bothered about originality:

top: M10x120 bottom: M16x120

probably best to use high tensile.

Reply to
Austin Shackles