Percy :- Progress.

FINALLY! I've got that bedroom decorated and now I can begin to do some more work on Percy. Those who stick around these parts will know that around October the Jag lump refused to play ball. Several weeks of intermitent tinkering have proven fruitless.

I now have a V8 and hopefully the correct bell housing to mount it up to the existing Jag auto BW66 gearbox which means the Ashcroft conversion gets to stay.

As nice as the Jag lump sounded when running right the burble of the V8 has won over.

Today the forecast was for Snow... so I defrosted the car.. dropped the kids off at school in my horrendously big 4x4 then set about removal... any warmer weather is for wusses and typically the garage is full to the brim of junk.

Most satisfying part was plasmering off the front crossmember, now that made things much simpler.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D composed the following;:

Way to go, Lee/

Butcher .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

:o)

V8's now unloaded and sat in the garage awaiting removal of the attached bw65... hope if Little lad is well enough for a trip out tomorrow (got the lurgy..again) to get some rangie manifolds and also possibly dependant on progress get a new seal for the torque converter.

Any one ever fitted a seal to a torque converter? Only looking into the tube on first glance it's not exactly obvious where it is/goes.

Arn't V8's dinky up close and personal!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Fri, 21 Jan 2005 00:00:20 GMT, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

and light, too. lighter than a 2.25 lump.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles composed the following;:

and a much, much nicer looking lump .. and the sound ...

Reply to
Paul - xxx

On or around Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:10:12 -0000, "Paul - xxx" enlightened us thusly:

how true. mind, I still reckon the transit-LR hybrid will be a TDi, if I get to build it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles composed the following;:

Practicalities always get in the bloody way .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

On or around Sat, 22 Jan 2005 08:05:52 -0000, "Paul - xxx" enlightened us thusly:

mind, a 3.9 auto would be fun... and should be plenty of scope for underbody gas tanks.

Reply to
Austin Shackles