Ping: Badger

Chap at works wants a self fit OMVL LPG system for a Y Plate Mondeo. Can you help with any info etc please?

ROT 13 my e-mail address to reply off group.

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Can't fathom your email address Simon, email me direct please! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006 18:46:37 -0000, "Badger" scribbled the following nonsense:

you have mail!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

It's a simple substitution cypher. A = n B = o etc.

What do I win?

Adam

Reply to
Adam Swire

|| It's a simple substitution cypher. A = n B = o etc. || || What do I win?

Svlr Cbhaqf.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

|| Adam Swire wrote: || |||| It's a simple substitution cypher. A = n B = o etc. |||| |||| What do I win? || || Svlr Cbhaqf.

Yeah, yeah, OK ...

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Five or fifty?

Lets split the difference and call it £55! I'll send you my paypal details!

That cypher maps the clear text to the cypher text in a symmetric way ie A=n and N=a. Good job we have an even number of letters in our alphabet.

Yes, I know I'm a geek.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Swire

I thought you were being west country! "It be fiye poun sorra!"

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

|| On 2006-11-01, Richard Brookman || wrote: || ||||| Svlr Cbhaqf. ||| ||| Yeah, yeah, OK ... || || I thought you were being west country! "It be fiye poun sorra!"

Bbbbbbbu Neeeeeeeeeeee.

(Looks better in ROT than real life.)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Wed, 1 Nov 2006 20:40:10 -0000, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

furrfu. (one of my favourites...)

other good ones:

Penc

Nefrubyr

Onebarff Znetnerg Gungpure

In the Rhondda there's a place called the Pencelli hotel. It's supposed to be parsed Pen Celli (Pen is top or head), but ever since I discovered rot13 it's been parsed Penc Elli (like Llan Elli, innit).

Reply to
Austin Shackles

|Penc | |Nefrubyr | |Onebarff Znetnerg Gungpure | | Good ones'!

FYI, if you are an agent user, there has always been a option to just highlight the rot13 text and then select 'apply rot13' from the menu.

Reply to
Howie

||| Bbbbbbbu Neeeeeeeeeeee. ||| ||| (Looks better in ROT than real life.) || || furrfu. (one of my favourites...) || || || other good ones: || || Penc

Is that any relation to Steve Penk, the "comedian"? Neat, really.

|| Nefrubyr

That looks like Welsh for vicar - "heaven-man" or somesuch. "We was going to invite Emrys, but he's a bit of a nefrubyr really."

|| Onebarff Znetnerg Gungpure

That's good!

|| In the Rhondda there's a place called the Pencelli hotel. It's || supposed to be parsed Pen Celli (Pen is top or head), but ever since || I discovered rot13 it's been parsed Penc Elli (like Llan Elli, || innit). --

Reminds me of Penistone in Yorkshire. Dunno how you parse that correctly. I spent an hour at the station there once waiting for a delayed train, staring at the station name on a board. It's been Penis Tone ever since (with the irremovable image of a dobber and a light musical "ting" in the background).

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Thu, 02 Nov 2006 18:52:43 +0000, Howie enlightened us thusly:

or press ctrl-3

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sat, 4 Nov 2006 12:04:42 -0000, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

nah, but in 12th night:

These be her very Cs, Us, and Ts, and thus makes she her great Ps.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

|| On or around Sat, 4 Nov 2006 12:04:42 -0000, "Richard Brookman" || enlightened us thusly: || ||| Ian's right. Chaucer used it openly (spelled "queynt" in those ||| days, but the etymology is the same), and Shakespeare made several ||| joking references - anyone do Hamlet at school? Hamlet to Ophelia: || || nah, but in 12th night: || || These be her very Cs, Us, and Ts, and thus makes she her great Ps.

Ting! Give the man a coconut. Then there's all that stuff with gown/count/con and foot/foutre in Henry V. It would be banned today as "inappropriate" for young people. Luckily, we had a teacher with a sensayuma and we got the whole nine yards in Form 3.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Can't see any way to ROT13 in Thunderbird, sadly ... otherwise a nice news reader

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

Highlight the bit you want to decode, right click on it, and choose decoders from the menu that appears, and then the appropriate decoder.

Cvrpr bs pnxr

Reply to
EMB

No, doesn't show any decoders - maybe there's an extension I need to get ... using 1.5.0.7

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

Hmmm - you're right. You need mnenhy (I'd forgotten I had it installed)

EMB

As ever, you're a true gentleman. If ever you find yourself in Brisbane I'll buy you a drink :)

Many thanks.

Reply to
Duracell Bunny