Ping Richard Beamends

Hi Richard, Fitting the new Disco 300TDi overhead mirror has beaten the local garage too, have you any idea how to get the old one off? Ta TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

FBH

Reply to
EMB

Er, no, not really - failing to come off is the exact opposite of the usual problem! Seriously, I've never had to take one off.

I'd imagine the best bet would be to book a life-changing, once in a lifetime trip in a country that gets very picky about missing mirrors...... ;-0

As EMB says, FBH?

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Eh?

Fire Baptized Holiness.

David

Reply to
rads

Hammer. Big one.

Alternatively, tie it to a tree, when you get back from the shops it'll have miraculously come off!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Alternatively, you'll have acquired a new aftermarket accessory that magically follows your car everywhere you go, leaving clods of mud behind :o)

Reply to
Nullified

The tree?

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

You can claim that it's there to absorb the emissions from your exhaust, making the car carbon neutral!

How's that for a tree-hugger idea then? Drive around with a trailer full of watercress ;-)

I'm off to the patent office.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Fri, 15 Dec 2006 16:30:23 +1300, EMB enlightened us thusly:

no... unless you want to fit a new screen as well... I managed to break a screen trying to fit one once.

There's a bit that stays stuck to the glass, chances are there's a concealed screw somewhere holding the mirror to that bit.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 09:21:52 +0000, Ian Rawlings scribbled the following nonsense:

you've not seen Martyn's Sankey then..... full of shrubs and plants.....

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Fairly Big Hammer.

Reply to
JacobH

Ah.

Percussive adjustment tool.

Ta

David

Reply to
rads

|| On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 12:00:43 GMT, "JacobH" || wrote: || ||| Ian Rawlings wrote: |||| On 2006-12-15, rads |||| wrote: |||| |||||| FBH ||||| ||||| |||| |||| Hammer. Big one. |||| |||| Alternatively, tie it to a tree, when you get back from the shops |||| it'll have miraculously come off! ||| ||| Fairly Big Hammer. ||| || Ah. || || Percussive adjustment tool.

Manchester Spanner, we used to call them.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Simon Isaacs uttered summat worrerz funny about:

:-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

For performing percussive maintenance, a concept that frightened the crap out of me when I discovered it was an approved method of repairing aircraft.

Reply to
EMB

Electrician's screwdriver.

Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray

Heh, then I expect the window slider channels are full of moss too!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Is there anything which cannot be maintained in this fashion?

Reply to
William Tasso

aye - known as "Birmingham screwdriver" round here.

Reply to
William Tasso

eggs?

Stuart