Pirelli International Rally

So who was in the convoy of pimped up (as in off road pimped up not pink fur lining and fluffy dice pimped up) Land Rovers that I saw heading north on the M6 south of Penrith this morning about 0745 and saw again this evening heading south at 1912 just S of J34. I was going in the opposite direction.

Convoy consisted of at least: A dark blue LWB station wagon, a green SWB with a big, pale coloured, strop in a single fig 8 on the front bumper, another SWB driving on ballons and a camel. Also saw a fairly brightish blue SWB with silver checker plate on the lower part of the doors, not in the convoy.

Presumably they were going to and coming from the Land Rover part of the Pirelli International Rally in Carlisle.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I came down the M6 on Thursday & there where loads of old cars on trailers heading oop norf. I wondered why too.

Reply to
Nige

There was a Classic Car section as well as the Land Rover and World Rally cars.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On or around Sat, 21 Apr 2007 22:03:45 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

Dunno, but I saw a J**P that amused me. lifted and on some lovely yokohoma off-road tyres, it had a sticker on the back:

Just Empty Every Pocket

'ere. today is the FBHVC "drive it" day. Edward II is coming to archery with me this morning and if it's sunny later I'll go out on the bike.

Austin Shackles

On or around Sat, 21 Apr 2007 22:24:12 +0100, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

see other reply.

Reply to
Austin Shackles