Playtime :-)

Went for a wallow yesterday at a local off road site. Nearly rolled the 110 after it dropped in to a rut on a downhill. Focused my attention I'll tell you! Spent a good few minutes relearing how to breathe. Loads of fun...

Wish list...

Cage Winch Lockers

Reality - lucky if it gets a wash!

:-)

Mud isn't my normal cup of tea and I think it's fair to say as a family we prefer the greenlanes, however we had fun all the same. :-)

Reply to
Lee_D

Looks like fun :-)

Where is the site?

Reply to
Andy

Small farm site at a place called Audley just off the A500, between Stoke on Trent and M6 Junct 16... right in Tom Woods back yard :-) It's not massive and limited when wet...i.e. yesterday :-) but a giggle none the less.

Good recovery point were a god send / essential.

Reply to
Lee_D

Is that green 90 'Greenie' from mud club?

His truck is almost identical to mine except the wheels and tyres.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Is it Broad Oak farm?

If so I have done some 4x4 tuition and corporate stuff there, was a good laugh.

Reply to
Andy

Yur, we need one of them too - buggered the tilt frame on Bob last week...

I know a man who can - in the USA, and I am bringing some stuff from him in myself, do you want to share the ride ?

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

Yeah, It's an awesome truck, the lockers kept it going through nearly all of the stuff. I only saw him use the winch once for self recovery... and lots for everyone else :-) It's also got a trick rear cross member with winch tucked up underneath and recent attion of beadlockers on the Mach 5's.

I've known Greeni since I had hair but didn't know he was in to Landies until a few months back. We used to do the VW circuit in our younger days.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Lack of pocket money here, the credit crunch has struck my workshop :-) but thanks for the offer all the same.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Yeah i just noticed the rear winch in the xmember.

Cage and lockers are the way forward. Safety.. You can takle hard obsticales at such a low speed.

I climbed up a hill at devils pit once with some awesome axle twisters. Other people were getting feet of the floor trying it.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Er... dunno but I will find out... some more piccys here

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Is that last couple of pics *the* moment you had?

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Yep, the telegraph pole in the distance is verticle, and I discovered an audiable tilt-ometer on the back seats. Had remove it from the car before recovery could commence ;-) Though to be fair she (aged 7) was just screaming what I was thinking - telepathic clearly! Alton Towers eat your heart out! :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Tue, 9 Sep 2008 12:40:04 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

7? already? blimey!

I've had my 110 to about that sort of angle, and it does *feel* as though it's going over. However, unless the dynamics are against you it'll actually tip further than that. Looks about 25 degrees to me, possibly as much as 30.

note that you can turn one over on a 20 degree slope if you hit the wrong sort of bump...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yeah,, the front wheel had been in a rutt and the rear near side up in the air... at that point it was promply placed in to reverse and with a little help put back on all fours. Then winched rearward to straighten up and cross the rutts head on... mistake trying to follow a 90 with a tighter turning circle!

It is 30 degrees... I got the lads protactor out.. it felt worse though especially jumping 2 ft further than normal down from the driver seat! :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Lot of bloody use going there when im 4000miles away! You bastards!

I'm away every time anything goes on at silverdale too!

Let me know if there is owt on there again and exactly where it is! Didnt know there was anything quite so close!

If it is on again and any AFL'ers wish to attend there will be tea, biscuits and tool hire available at my house! :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

I had a P38 in much worse shape than that! It feels scary, but it's bog all.

Lee, you big ponse....;)

Reply to
Nige

You forget Nige..... I've seen you crying in to an engine bay containing a flat battery.

;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D