Poxy stupid bloody 110 CSW

300 Tdi 97/ 98. An intermitent fault; seems to imobilise even when disarmed ( occasionally), Tried everything; rocked in gear to free starter pinion, fuses OK, relay clicks in ( under bonnet ), ig lock coil changed, LR assistance reckoned starter needed replacing - done. still does'nt want to play ball, jsut sits there staring at me until it decides to start 5 min, 15 min, 60 min. Had to pick son up today from miniature railway, dinner ready - car wont budge; swore at it, rocked it , shook it, threatened it ( oh for some C4 ) finally as wife drove off drive to pick son up I slammed the bonnet down and tried it again ........................ startedjust as her boot left the drive.

Only thing left is to change the alarm spider as I have been told this is a common problem with 2 button remotes of this age. Needs new circuit board and transponder wiring in £ 260, anybody heard of the spider giving a problem likethis. I never heard of it ???

Reply to
Hirsty's

In message , Hirsty's writes

Have you had a good look at your earthing straps?

Reply to
hugh

Only thing left is to change the alarm spider as I have been told this is a

Yep, fairly common problem too. take a look at

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

Brilliant thanks a lot, exactly what I was after. My problem mirrored by the threads on the forum, only trouble now is to build up the courage to do it :-))

John H

Reply to
Hirsty's