Quick detachable towbar for Disco 2

As per the heading, all i want is a price for the above. Scorpian Racing do one but there is no price shown and they are now shut so i cant ring them to ask. Anyone got any ideas how much they are??. Got to get rid of the huge big towbar currently fitted.

Dom

Reply to
Dom J

I had a look at the scorpion racing detachable tow bar

The price to my mind could be described in one word

PHENOMENAL

I think it came to about £500.00 plus , by the time you purchased every thing that went with it

DieSea

Reply to
DieSea

anything to do with scrapiron racing is hugely expensive......

-- "Why can't I get huge amounts of money for screwing up??"

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco "The big purple one" 200 TDi Disco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

I've also wondered whether it is road legal in Europe. They, conveniently, don't say.

Reply to
Dougal

There is the official NAS Spec Towpack, VUB104850?

has some photos.

Reply to
Alex Threlfall

Dom Hi,

the price was 165 pounds plus VAT.

you will also need the wiring loom which is not part of the (now not in business) SR and a small metallic bracket (12.5 pounds plus VAT) to secure it on the chassis/bodyshell/towbar.

SR may be closed but Roz and/or Colin do accept orders if you wish to place them.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Prices for the NAS towbar and related adaptors etc with delivery cost for sending them to Greece. If USA merchandise does "attract" 19% VAT and 50% import duties on both the declared value AND postage in order to be legally imported in Greece. I do not know what happens in the UK though. But I can ask my supplier for postage directly to the UK.

QUOTATION

Dsco II 99-04 NAS Class III rear receiver kit Genuine VUB104850: LR retail: $391.95 Postage to Greece: Express mail $92.00, Fed Ex $101.00

NAS Tow Bar kit( fits into NAS rear receiver) Includes locking pin, 1 7/8 inch & 2 inch ball, and safety chain. Genuine RRNA0925 LR retail: $139.89 Postage to Greece: Express mail $82.34 Fed Ex 94.00.

Hope this helps

Take care Pantelis

P.S. the NAS towbar is a very nice piece of kit and it surely has some sort of type approval.

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Possibly something American but unlikely to be European. Where European approvals exist, people tend to sing about them!

Of course, if the vehicle is 'commercial', EU approved devices are not required as the rules currently stand.

Reply to
Dougal