Radio security code

Having just replaced my battery in my 98 Disco tdi I need to enter the security code for the radio casette.(Eurovox 8970). I have a small grey tag with the # 7670 stamped on it .This came with the keys when I got the vehicle 2 years ago. I assume this is the # for the radio. I'm stuffed if I can get this to load into the radio. Any help would save me from going complety nuts.

ps. The manual says to use the 6 preset buttons but I have tryed all ways to get it to work with no luck.

Reply to
Simon Mills

That number is the code of the remote unit for the central locking/alarm (not really a good idea to leave it attached to the keys or tell everyone using usenet what it is). The radio code, assuming that it's the original radio, should be in with the owners manual. If it isn't in with the owners manual and it is the original radio then you should be able to get the radio code from the dealer. If it's not the original radio then you're up the creek without a paddle.

Regards

Phil Gardiner

alt.fan.landrover FAQ compiler

Gardiner

Reply to
Phil Gardiner

With some systems, if you enter a wrong code three times it shuts down & you won't get back in. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB