Range Rover Electric seat project

Hi all,

I would like to use a passenger side Range Rover electric seat for a project in my office.

I dont need memory function, so would I still need the ECU?

Has anyone done anything like this, and can give me any pointers at all? Would I just need the seat and figure out a way of getting power to it (using a battery perhaps)?

Clarkson did it with some Porsche seats I seem to remember.

Thanks in Advance

Zeke

Reply to
smjfreeman

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com uttered summat worrerz funny about:

What a fantastic idea.... an electric chair for the office... let me know when it's done, I could think of a few people who may like to try it out in my office ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I seem to remember the motor require reverse polarity to move in then opposite direction, if so you will have to find a way of reversing the polarity or you will only get it to move one way & then it will get stuck.

-- Ta!

Nige

Subaru WRX (54) Land Rover Turbo Diesel 110 (G) KTM 520 SX (2001)

Reply to
Nige

much like it did in its original fitment as I recall.

Derek

Reply to
Derek

Very easy with real switches, just a double pole, change over, center off:

+ve ---+----o | ---o------+ | +-o | | | Motor -ve ------+-o | | ---o------+ +----o

If the RR is like a DII then you may need the relevant computer to operate the seats but then I don't think there is a single switch in a DII that directly operates the thing it is controlling (rather worrying TBH).

Of course the computer must know where the seat is so I'd expect some feedback system. If it's limit switches then just working out the wiring and a bit of careful thought with the above should make it work.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In news: snipped-for-privacy@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wittered on forthwith;

The earlier (89ish) Vogue SE seats didn't have memory, I think they just wire up normally, the control switches are attached to the seat anyway.

should be pretty easy.

Reply to
Pete M

Secondhand window switches and maybe a relay or two?

Martin

Reply to
Oily