Re: Civil law in the UK?

Simon Isaacs uttered summat worrerz funny about:

> What are peeps thoughts? I think this one stands a cracking chance >> that Civil small claims court would see things my way and willing to >> give it a go if they don't see sense. After all I've often shared >> the frustration taking accident reports where the Police (CPS) can't >> run a case, about time I put my money where my mouth is? >> >> Lee D > > Seemes like poor Jeeves is cursed... first the Mancs have a pop with a > few scratches, now BT and a wing mirror, what next.....

I've just had exactly the same conversation with the FIL who is presently in Italy. Seems we may need to bring over some of the mob in his suitcases ;-)

I'm hoping number three doesn't come but if it does :-

Dear Fate,

Thanks for your recent efforts, "Chips away" are visitng me on Monday next week , should you decide to f*ck my car up any further I would apreciate it if the fuckup could be small, inexpensive to repair and preferably before Monday if Paintwork is involved.

Regards all

Lee D

I can see me investing in my own set of traffic cones at this rate.

Reply to
Lee_D

Without a witness to say it was *a* BT van that did the damage I don't think you have much of a case. It could just have easily have been A.N.Other passing vehicle.

If you had a witness willing to stand up and state they saw a (note the "a", not a particular) BT van swipe the mirror off then go after BT rather than the driver. That would be an interesting case, one that I can't help feeling will have already been tested in the courts, thus have a precident. IANAL...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

There's no such thing as justice - I'm a lawyer and I should know!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Julian Pollard

Apparently BT charge £99 per hour. Mate of mine had them out to fix a line fault in his new house. Before BT would even consider sending an engineer they pointed out to him several times that 'if the fault is not with our equipment you will be charged £99 per hour for any work' or words to that effect. I'll try and double check with a couple of tame BT blokes i know.

Dom

Reply to
Dom J

Yup... I've just had BT in and was quoted exactly the same line more than once

Reply to
Stimpy

Kill him!! ;-)

Reply to