Re: Hurricane Isabel - Disco in News

What price would the AA charge for this recovery......?

JonW D90 "When in danger, when in doubt Run in circles, scream and shout" RotR, Rule 8.g (amended)

Reply to
pl.white

Tip it back on its side, remove injectors / spark plugs, give it a quick spin, put it back together, and it will probably be good for another gazillion miles!!!

We had some one in our club stick a RR Hybrid (not me) on its side in the lake at Tixover last weekend. We winched it over and out and did this and it fired first time. Haiwatha and his mates would have been impressed with the first 5 minutes though!!!

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Chairman and Webmaster

3.5V8 100" Hybrid Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, currently under restoration Suzuki SJ410 (ex-Girlfriend, at the moment......) Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next Pug 106 (offroaded once!!)
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On or around Fri, 19 Sep 2003 23:20:04 +0000 (UTC), "Simon Isaacs" enlightened us thusly:

local bloke tipped his TDi-powered 90 on it's side, got out, went to find help from a neighbour, they cam back about half an hour later and it was still idling apparently happily.

only assume that the oil pump pickup is off-centre and he'd tipped it by luck the right way.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Reply to
Gordon

On or around Sun, 21 Sep 2003 06:52:15 +0800, Gordon enlightened us thusly:

I don't think he was thinking too clearly at the time...

Reply to
Austin Shackles