Re: rear drive shaft help

Help done a stupid thing!

>I have taken apart my rear drive shaft, (i.e. splined shaft from splined >sleeve) to fit a new boot, unfortunately I did not mark the shafts nor can I >find any aliment marks, Haynes manual says very important they are put back >right. > > >Any suggestions > > > >Regards > >Wayne > >RR v8 > >

Drive it and see ... AFAIK the only reason to mark things before taking them apart is to ensure correct balance when re-assembled. If it vibrates like a V8 powered vibrating mad thing then it's not right ... try again :-)

Happy days!

Regards Steve G

remove the nospam to email me

Reply to
SteveG

Assemble it with the two yokes (that's the bits that hold the U-joint) on the shaft and on the short splined bit in the same plane as each other.

JD

Reply to
JD

Assemble it with the two yokes (that's the bits that hold the U-joint) on the shaft and on the short splined bit in the same plane as each other.

JD

And if it vibrates at speed, rotate it 180 degrees at the splines. ;)

Reply to
Hans