Reckless...

If it's a 3.5, I'd put money on it being a flapper type system............ Badger.

Reply to
Badger

IIRC the last Rangey had an OMVL vap on it. Worked fine - although I am sure a closed loop would have been better.

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

On or around Mon, 17 May 2004 20:51:01 +0100, "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

how much? :-)

's a hotwire. book say all discos are hotwire, RR book says range rovers changed about 1988.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

in article c8b4tt$4ub$ snipped-for-privacy@news5.svr.pol.co.uk, Badger at snipped-for-privacy@spammersgospamoff.badger-co.freeserve.co.uk wrote on 17/5/04 8:51 pm:

How much?

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

system............

Not much, now, obviously!! Rangie introduced hotwire at same time as 3.9, hence 3.5 hot wire on a rangie is extremely rare, I've only ever seen 1. Can't really comment on Disco with any authority, only worked on earlier carb versions for engine problems or later 3.9 and on for LPG conversions. Don't think I've ever actually seen a hotwire 3.5, so I stand corrected. Anyone hazard a guess as to what year 3.5 hotwire introduced and when 3.9 took over? Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Button bashing in practice for another round of Daley Thompson's Decathlon, Badger left Shakespeare to the monkeys by typing...

Not sure but anomalies do crop up - I have an ex-police 3.5 that straddles the Efi gap - it's got a mish-mash of before and after parts (and left the factory like that). It's not a problem 'cos I can identify carbs on sight, but ordering spare parts can be a nightmare unless you get all numbers (and even then you get told you're wrong (I only bought a mobile because I needed to be able to read part no's off vehicle, and mummy wouldn't let me take it indoors...)

Reply to
weallhatebillgates

S'pose that's quite possible. I just assumed (wrongly!) that just about all the UK spec 3.5 EFI's were flapper type. I did hear that some saudi spec

3.5's were hot wire, once. Badger.
Reply to
Badger