Replacing RRC gearbox.

Ok, as my Classic has destroyed it's auto'box, I need to fit another one. Oh joy.

Any helpful tips? I'm going to be doing it myself, and I'm going to get the special cradle for holding the box / transfer box before attempting it. I will, however, be doing the change on the path at home as my local friendly garage who normally lets me use his workshop is of the opinion that "it's easier to take the floor out, there's no way you'll change the box in one of those on the floor in less than a week and you need a pit so you can't use the workshop...

Arrgh.

Reply to
Pete M

Cant help you with the gearbox Pete but tell me about this V8 turbo????

Tim

Reply to
Tim Guy

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Tim Guy, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

Janspeed job. One-off 'high pressure' one they built for the original owner.

330 bhp :-)

Unfortunately when driven by me it shreds gearboxes, apparently..

Reply to
Pete M

Nice... can I have a go? can I? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Guy