Rimmer Bros - AAAAH!

Yes, and the stuff at the bottom is always buried under 3ft of newer stuff, and when you finally clear your chest freezer out, the stuff in the bottom is 3 years old.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

We thought exactly the same. Bruce has a bigger generator, which he uses for work and is just to large and noisy to be of any use on a campsite. We bought it for the rare occassions that we are on a site with no electric hook-up, like at Eastnor and at LRO show later on this year. We don't use an electric kettle in the caravan and the most I've ever used a microwave for has been to defrost or re-heat food, so all ours has to run is the TV, video and a playstation. The fridge can be run on LPG, the same as the cooker. I suppose we could actually convert the generator to LPG, if its possible to convert a 2 stroke engine that is.

Had it running anyway and its much quieter than the one we hired for Eastnor which was 88db. Only used it in the day time and then for only short bursts. It was then we realised that we may need a new fridge as it kept going out on the LPG and the 12v system didn't seem to be working at all. Ended up getting the freezer packs frozen at the garage in Ledbury, and putting things like the milk in a coolbag underneath the caravan, which is where I usually put bulky items that wont go in the fridge.

Reply to
Nikki

That's already used as an identification method for a popular Land Rover mailing list though, so might lead to some confusion...

-- Paul Everett repton at repton dot org

Paul Everett

I also managed to get a Trade

Oh go on spill the beans and let us know where as I'm on the verge of needing one soon!

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

You'll need a business to buy it through, which must be VAT Registered. I can let you have the details by email if so.

Reply to
Mother