Series Overdrive Options

I suppose that depends on the manufacturer, but thinking about it the tail pipe is probably noticably different, however according to the book the only different tail pipe is for Belgium!!

The underseat tank was standard on 109's up to suffix B vehicles, then moved to the back, except for 6 cyl models and Station Wagons that always had it at the back - needless to say there will be exceptions!

Equally so on any Series motor (including rear tank).

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

I wasn't aware mine had a rev limiter - it just wouldn't go any faster!

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

I don't think the early ones did. The later de-tox engines (recognisiable by the large compressor bolted above the alternator) had a spring loaded rotor arm, shorts the spark out at 4750rpm, (or

5000rpm when the spring is cold and less flexible)
Reply to
Alex