Slightly OT: Pinzgauer Sales Video

Sales video (needs windows media player...) from Pinzgauer: -

Pinzgauer Video

Reply to
RichardB

RichardB uttered summat worrerz funny about:

look just **** *** I've nearly got the 101 finished! last thing I need is another toy ;-)

Don't they look tempting... I can imagine the Caravan sat behind nicely...h'mmm

What am I thinking.. time for another Pimms me thinks.

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D uttered summat worrerz funny about:

This give an interesting overview

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

You'd need the caravan, towing it would turn any trip into an overnight job!

That video shows the generation 2 machines, with 1.5 tonnes on board they can accelerate much faster than my generation 1 machine with no load, but you'd be looking at 80-90 grand to buy a new six wheeler. They are much more user-friendly than the gen 1 machines.

If you ever get tempted, the gen 1s cost about £10k unless you get jammy like me. They are bloody marvellous machines though even with the weedy engine and drum brakes. Spares aren't a problem at the moment and won't be for something like 12 years. Generation 2 machines are available second-hand for about £25K but the early models had engine issues that would need attending to if not already sorted.

When my health's back together I'll make it to one of the unofficials or other shows and you can have a proper peek.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

The original sales video for the generation 1 machines is on the following page;

Have a look at the "Trip Reports" links, starting with the most recent, for shots of jammy bastards testing them out on some lovely terrain in the states.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Not fair. I want one now.

Reply to
mark

I want some of that terrain and scenery!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

|| The original sales video for the generation 1 machines is on the || following page; || ||

Hehe. I won't be able to say "vehicle" again without hearing "vee-hickle". The music is pretty groovy too :-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Indeed, I've managed to resist saying Steyr *pook* so far ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Ian Rawlings uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Pinzporn here....

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Looks the business and more agile than a certain 6 wheeler we have seen.Were you thinking carawagon when you saw the armoured version towards the end Lee? Derek

Reply to
Derek

Derek uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Hell yes , it can get rough on the parking lot at work... blokes wandering around with guns and flash grennades, should be a law against it ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

wow. I am definately going to look for one of them in 10 years time when i'm richer and theyre cheaper!

Reply to
Tom Woods

The movie is downloading now.... but why have I now got a folder called Pinz stuff on my Landrover computer...

I detect a Pinzer manouver ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

So! will they still be on the road in thirty years time with ample spares, never mind that the gas will have run out by then and my series will be sixty something.

Reply to
Larry

You'll roast for that one you bad man...

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

An alternative is the Volvo C303, available in 4x4 and 6x6 variants, they're a lot cheaper. I saw a 6x6 go on ebay for £2,500 in good nick some time ago. The only reason I went for the pinz over the C303 was because I got such a bargain on this one and knew I could sell it for a profit if I wanted to. Now I've looked into it more, I prefer the pinz to the C303, as long as I ignore the price difference!

C303 was also known as the Laplander in some markets IIRC.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Do we allow Volvo drivers here?

Karen

Reply to
Karen Gallagher

You won't be seeing C303s speeding on the motorway much! It's one of the volvos that you can proudly claim to own. Volvo have made some damned interesting vehicles, just not their cars.

One C303 owner told a tale of how he broke down and told the RAC/AA that he had a Volvo C303. When the mechanic turned up he was looking for a saloon car and had to be shown the badge on the front before he'd believe that the large box on fat tyres was the car in question.

I'd imagine that a popular passtime amongst C303 owners would be to tell 4x4 clubs that they have a Volvo 4x4, getting the looks of derision, then rolling up in one of those things and making fools of everyone! 34" tyres, lots of articulation and portal axles with lockers makes for a mighty beast. As cheap as a scruffy 200TDi Defender as well. Finding one in good condition is quite hard though and parts availability isn't so good.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Sun, 25 Jun 2006 20:26:25 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

are they on independent axles, as well as portal? The pictures of one with all the wheels in the air certainly looked like it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles