soggy clutch

If I touch my clutch peddle very gently, it goes down quite a long way with no resistance. Release and use in the "normal" fashion and there's the usual pressure and it works fine. So apart from keeping my foot off till I need to change gear what should I do? There's no lack or loss of fluid by the way and the beast's a 90 defender.

Thnaks

Dave

Reply to
dfg

It could be that the master cylinder seal has worn and fluid is passing it by when you press slowly, but when you press hard the extra pressure is causing it to seal. John

Reply to
John Stokes

Ditto

Reply to
Mark

Thanks to all, now where's that Haynes manual...?

-- Dave

Reply to
stan

I'm not sure what that means? On my 110 I just undid the 6 bolts that hold the pedal assembly to the bulhead, then removed the clutch box from the engine side (after removal of pipes etc). It's then a simple matter of working on the ground/bench to get the master cylinder off. Is it different on a 90?

Reply to
danny