source of Series III ignition and door locks?

I got a key for my lift up back door on my old s3 from a locksmith, might be able to help with other keys, failing that Paddocks

-- Jon

Reply to
jOn

Due to a burglary, I now have no keys for my 1980 Series III. I need to replace the keys at least, if not the ignition and driver's door locks. Plus it has a hard top with the original tailgate and lift-up door which has it's own lock.

Any suggestions?

If replying by email, remove the obvious from my address.

Reply to
Jonathan Spencer

Land Rover Orphanage (see Ebay amongst other places) are very good for this stuff. You should be able to get new barrels and keys all round.

Regards

Neil

Reply to
bumble101

On or around 12 Jul 2006 00:45:19 -0700, "bumble101" enlightened us thusly:

that's where I got locks for Edward II. barrel for the door lock and new handle with lock for the upper tailgate.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Apart from the other suggestions try indespension retailers, I've seen they sell locks for the upper tailgate for use on trailers, just depends on how urgent your mission is.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

"Jonathan Spencer" wrote

Try Land Rover themselves, it's where I got mine.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

All in stock! The lift-up tailgate lock is the same as early Range Rover tailgate locks - 391523

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Try a screwdriver :)

I have seen some folks attach shackles and padlocks to the doors, the original locks are not exactly secure.

Reply to
Larry

On or around Thu, 13 Jul 2006 23:35:44 +0100, "Larry" enlightened us thusly:

oi. gerroff.

Reply to
Austin Shackles