Suspension Spring Knock

Afternoon,

It really aint my day today....

There is a knock coming from the NSR suspension, which i have only noticed today.

After some investigation, it is the spring knocking against the top part of the suspension which is attached to the chassis. It does it when you touch it when the weight is taken off the wheel.

It only does it on this wheel. I assume that the top is not attached to allow the spring to dislocate from the suspension giving greater articulation.

I'm more than happy to wang a jubilee clip round it to hold it together, but how come it dont do it on the other 3??

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Try measuring the height of it compared to the one on the other side, and check the top or bottom hasn't snapped off and made it shorter! I've seen that happen.

Failing that try hitting the speed bumps slower so the wheels don't leave the ground so much ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

You can only hear it when off road, of if you hang off the roll cage and bounce like a loon.........

Im at Touring Car in Thruxton tomorrow if anyone is going, so ill have a look on Monday.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

worrabout spring relocation cones with the rubber seats I know ( cos' it was in the comic) they are available for the D2 and some fit the D1.Make it quieter at least that or ear plugs ;-) Derek

Reply to
Derek