The next unofficial... Keswick anyone?

The ARC Nationals (50th Aniversary) were held there, using quite a lot of the site for the RTV/CCV/Comp. Well, lets just say the two lanes near Mam Tor were more challenging (until the Peak Park "mended" them).

As for the famous "Gearbox Hill" that everyone told me was so hard (I was working at Rover at the time) - damp squib........ It just left me even more convinced that LR's engineers and marketing staff really need to join clubs and find out what their products *really* get used for, like they used to in the 50's and 60's.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

During stardate Sat, 22 Oct 2005 20:40:45 +0100, Lee_D uttered the imortal words:

Right,

Answer from Dave Mitchells chaps. Yes they can accomodate us for a days off roading. They can also point us to some nearby camp sites who are used to groups of off roaders.

For the Off roading the prices work out at, "The daily site hire is £352.50 for the first 5 vehicles + £25.00 for each additional vehicle, and includes 1 of our team in their own vehicle, to give help and advice, etc during the day."

At first I needed to take a cold shower but then I sat down and did some maths.

10 Vehicles would work out at £47.75 each.

15 at £40.17 each

20 at £36.38 each

and so on. I've not bothered to work it out any further as I don't think we would be likely to turn up more than 20 and B I've no upper limit on attendance at present. I think the 15 vehicle quote is fair and anything above that a bonus (don't forget help on hand for those new to muddyness).

If we formally invite the 101 FC unofficial crew we can make up the numbers much higher, Although I suspect Grahame May be oranising an unofficial already specifically aimed at the 101 FC owners if the article in "six stud" is owt to go by (101 Official club mag).

Thoughts peeps?

Camping will of course be in addition. I'm sure someone knows some Welsh lanes we can do too on the other days.

Whats more theres Plenty of castles and Beaches to trip to for days out as well (Thinking other half and Kids entertainment).

Lee D

-- "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."

- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

[...]

On or around Sat, 29 Oct 2005 02:06:29 +0100, Lee_D enlightened us thusly:

remind me where this one is?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

During stardate Sat, 29 Oct 2005 08:47:38 +0100, Austin Shackles uttered the imortal words:

s'orl ere

Bala area. Off the A5 if my Memory serves me right.

Lee D

Lee D

-- "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."

- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

This is fine... but...

The more come the better - the less come the worse. I would not like to see a massive task of organising and taking deposits again, this makes it less unofficial (full marks to Steve by the way).

Can I put a spanner in the works and say we go for a far, far simpler option?

  1. Find a campsite that's accessible (within 4 hours drive max), near an offroad provision that has pay and play days.

  1. There is no 2. Just arrange time and place, if people want to turn up they can, if they all chicken out at the last moment, fine too, nobody has to worry about 'being in charge', or collecting money.

Reply to
Mother

During stardate Sat, 29 Oct 2005 10:40:32 +0100, Mother uttered the imortal words:

Yup agreed, just posted as one option. Few more Irons in the fire yet , one which is soooo simple it's untrue if it comes off.

:0)

Lee D

-- "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."

- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

I tried this lot when I was looking for the 1st unofficial, and got short shrift. At least you got prices from the buggers. When I asked they said they didn't allow what we wanted.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

During stardate Sat, 29 Oct 2005 13:57:50 +0100, Steve uttered the imortal words:

Must be my charm ;0)

Suppose it depends who you get at the other end ultimately.

Lee D

-- "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."

- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

During stardate Sun, 30 Oct 2005 19:27:04 -0000, "Graham G" uttered the imortal words:

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D muttered summat about:

Reply to
Graham G

During stardate Sun, 30 Oct 2005 20:11:58 +0000 (UTC), "Graham G" uttered the imortal words:

And no excuse for not being there either ;0)

Lee D

-- "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."

- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D muttered summat about:

Bugger ;o)

Reply to
Graham G

Sorted, Date?

Reply to
Mother

Where ? Near Gaydon ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor muttered summat about:

10 miles from Stratford upon Avon 12 miles from Banbury 6 miles from gaydon
Reply to
Graham G

Worr. Pretty damned central.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Steve muttered summat about:

I'm told that the exact centre of England is only about twenty miles away. Don't know whether thats true, but we must be close. Has down sides, like its a bloody long way to any beach from here!!

Reply to
Graham G