The next unofficial... Keswick anyone?

Sbould we put down some fixed points for next year ? There's the Durham 101 Unofficial in May, Eastnor in June....

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Steve muttered summat about:

Could probably second guess approx dates for shows and events etc, then fit maybe a couple unofficial meets in there, maybe one at either end of the year.

Reply to
Graham G

...and Steve spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

'Slookin better all the time.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I'd always thought that was near Matlock?

Reply to
Mother

Yes!

I reckon the only 'official' events we'll be doing next year will be Eastnor and Peterborough. Planning on making the County Durham event a week long break.

Reply to
Mother

Steve Taylor muttered summat about:

Reply to
Graham G

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Furthest point from the sea or summat...

Mother

On or around Mon, 31 Oct 2005 21:01:23 +0000, Steve enlightened us thusly:

May as well make the same suggestion I made in another place here:

The Smartgroups thing that I have various bits running on has, among other things, a calendar.

I've set one up for the said other place, the idea being not use it as a discussion list by email (we have one of them, after all) but to use the calendar and photo album space and so forth. It will then email group members about new calendar events, and will email reminders about calendar events (provided you set 'em up correctly.)

If enough people think it's a good idea, I'll set one up for AFL. It requires a valid email address to sign up to it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 01 Nov 2005 11:11:37 +0000, Mother enlightened us thusly:

Meriden, I believe, somewhere near(ish) Coventry.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

...and Austin Shackles spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Sounds like a runner. I'll give it a go.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Tue, 1 Nov 2005 20:08:29 -0000, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

OK, email me with the email address you want to use. Don't forget to remove the spamtrap, or I may never see it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Graham G uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Any you can't do Graham given your the "hostess with the mostess" ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D muttered summat about:

Narrow it down to a particular month, and I'll see what she says.

...it would literally be a field if I organise it. Power, water and a shed near by. Could probably find a camp site nearby without too much trouble. Depends how simple you want it to be. Equally depends what you fancy doing over the weekend period. Off road for a day is easy enough, but more than that will need to be sorted out. TBH there are so many things to see and do locally that you may want to spend longer, Shakespere theatre/birthplace/mother's house/stratford etc, Warwick castle, cotswold villages, zoos, motor museum, etc etc etc. As far as thinking of things to do as a collective, I'm not sure. Pub lunch is easy to sort. Beach would be out of the question. There are some nice walks around and about if that was your thing. Could arrange quad biking or clay pigeon shooting or the like easy enough, have friends who run them. As far as green laning round here, I'm not sure if there are many, Simon would have to help with that one. I suppose it may be possible to get a trip round Landrover, but that will require a lot of work to set up.

As many answers to the following as poossible would help:

Do you want to have a meet in the midlands? When would you like it to be? How long would you like to stop? How much would you want to pay? What camp facilities would you like? What activities would you like to partake in? Given number of cancilations and so on on the last one, how much needs organising beforehand? Deposits? Is ther anything I've missed that you think is important?

I guess these could apply to anyone wanting to sort out a meet so big response please.

Cheers

Reply to
Graham G

Yeahs

Selfishly 18th to 23rd April Inclusive , because it's Easter hols so Kids are off and Mrs D is off too- Oh and I'm off as well which helps. I know you mentioned you couldn't do these dates but has this changed with the venue?

Given it's in the Middle of the Country and depending on activities arranged

1, 2 or poss 3 Nights if we include stuff for other halfs entertainment too.

Similar figures to Certified locations (CL's) with the caravan club for pitches £3 to £10 a night depending on facilities. Anything else would be the going rate for off roading, £30 ish for pay and play, more if tuition is included (for those who would like it such as other halfs again and newbies)

We can manage with a relatively flat field, water and somewhere to empty a chemical loo. (Hole in the ground ususally suffices on none technical CL sites. I guess others may want Loo's and showers. Power would be a bonus if we set up field cinemas. But I have a genny if required and can be self sufficent.

Social is enough for me to be honest, some sight seeing. There are enough events with organised 4x4 off road events for me not to worry to much about this. BBQ, Beer drinking, plenty of sticks for the kids to play with and entertainment for the kids. Somewhere the dog can strech her legs. Perhaphs a trip to the races given the territory we would be in. :0)

Site definately, off roading should be jacked up with who ever is the service provider, they will no doubt dictate terms and conditions. Anything else appears to be normal activitiy unless we get a humongous turnout then Pubs may want some advance warning of hungry survivalist nutters incomming.

I'd say none returnable deposits which make up more than 50% of the cost. People are paying for a service that is still provided even if they don't attend.

You haven't mentioned Beer, thats very important in any event, you did however say "Cheers" which indicates you are subliminally considering the Beer Option. ;)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D muttered summat about:

Might be easier to do, def for me, but Em might only make evenings. Will have to run it by her.

No problem

If its in my field camping would probably be free or minimal (maybe beer tokens for father). Off road; I'll have to ask my mate, but I'm sure he would do it at mates rates.

Thats about what it would be if it was at my place. Trying to establish whether I might need to look at camp sites locally?

I'd agree with that, but two+ days of lounging around drinking might be a bit much...what am I saying!!

Thats an idea, Stratford or Warwick are quite good.

Depends, field or site? Field I'm not worried, site I would need to book.

Not too much of a problem, its a pal of mine, might depend on whether he has any other groups in. Will find out.

My local is pretty good, they cater for coaches. Do a supurb sunday roast with local produce! They would only really need a couple of days notice.

fair enough

My local is within walking distance, there is the world renound Hook Norten Brewery up the road (who do superb tours). Beer shouldn't be too much of a problem ;o)

Reply to
Graham G

Sounding increasingly like I'm going to end up having to sort something out.

Would there be any other takers appart from Lee? Could do something with Devon if anyone prefered that? Or of course ther is Lee's original suggestion?

Reply to
Graham G

We'll be in, but we'd prefer a campsite.

Steve

Reply to
Steve