The saga continues Land Rover Discovery Clutch

But they are wet clutch packs that do not require a foot operated lever to function. It is the foot operated lever that is past its sell by date.

shaft

which

Time to mortgage your soul and buy new while stocks last :-)

Huw

Reply to
Huw

On or around Fri, 28 May 2004 12:17:08 +0100, "GbH" enlightened us thusly:

presumably, because it might prejudice a legal action. sensible.

oh, and BTW, would you mind not quoting about 130 lines of message to add a single comment?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Ah, indeed, and those late nights spent wondering if it'll ever get home before dawn...

Reply to
Mother

Oh you mean snipping, never did get the hang of that. Somewhat outdated concept in my opinion.

Reply to
GbH

On or around Fri, 28 May 2004 15:27:13 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

bloody nearly didn't this morning. 03:30 approximately [1]. would've been OK if I didn't have to be up at 07:00.

[1] not the vehicle's fault, mind. spent time in brum visiting a friend and consuming curry, and prior to that visiting old stamping grounds...
Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Fri, 28 May 2004 12:58:59 +0100, "Huw" enlightened us thusly:

true. does that apply to the one I've just bought, with a V8 in it?

but the idea that you don't have clutches to fail by having an auto tickled me.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Fri, 28 May 2004 18:15:56 +0100, "GbH" enlightened us thusly:

hehe. not really. The bandwith argument is not really relevant now, but it's a pin having to scroll through a pile of stuff hunting for the pearls of wisdom.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Austin Shackles blithered:

Often there's a downside to snipping, when the thread goes AWOL (which on NTL can be rather frequent) it can be a PITA trying to figger what yer prattling about. However, having said that if you get some bright sparks who like to top post as well as not snip, then you landup playing fiddlers elbow trying to follow what's going on.

Anyway Peace Brother ;-)

Reply to
GbH

It also occurred to me later that you are supposed to give the company who did the alleged dodgy work a fair and reasonable chance to put it straight, an opportunity which has not been afforded by the OP in this case AIUI.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

On or around Fri, 28 May 2004 19:46:47 +0100, "GbH" enlightened us thusly:

'sright. there's not enough peace about the place.

however, the art of snipping lies in leaving enough that the context is still relevant. Yer right about broken threads, though, seen quite a few of them recently, I assume it's down to some crappy software somewhere.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Fri, 28 May 2004 20:27:50 +0100, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

well, it may be that it has, at that. The story appears to go that it was

200 miles away, so fair and reasonable to me in those circs would be to say "get it fixed locally and we'll reimburse you", bearing in mind that the vehicle was undriveable - it'd have probably cost him a minimum of about £150 quid, mebbe £200, to get it transported there, and probably nearly as much to hire a rig to transport it himself.

This assumes he has a valid claim on their guarantee, of course, which TBF it sounds as though he probably does - If I'd had the work done as described, I'd expect to get at least 20K miles from it, not 2K.

Reply to
Austin Shackles