Things that never make the news...

worry) was a bloke pumping iron

I hope Iron had a smile on his face...

Reply to
Mother

Correct me if i'm wrong, but don't you drive a bus?

Loadsa space fer rubbish in a bus, usually 'passengers' in my experience...

Reply to
Mother

Ahem, may I direct the learned folk toward uk.legal.moderated ?

OffWep / tool ? If you aint got a good cause for havin' it, you'll get a sharp awakening in a certain Sheffield Court...

Reply to
Mother

so Mother"

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Sounds familiar my old transport manager Ron Greenwood (long since passed away) amazed our fitter who was towing Ron up the motorway. Ron was in a TR2 he had bought for restoration with no windscreen wearing those avaitors googles at around 70 mph when he moved out of the slipstream into view.This caused the fitter to squint into the mirror of the Transit tow vehicle to see if something was amiss Ron was calmly doing a rollup with one hand while steering with the other dexterity beyond belief especially when you think he had to perform the operation in the gale force winds coursing thru the Triumph. Derek

Reply to
Derek

I sed to regularly see, on the M1 coach chassis driven by a bloke in a crash helmet with a very small windscreen & no body at all!

Looks very funny!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson) WTB a clean RRC pref 3.9 or LSE 4.2

'"gimme the f*ckin' money"

Reply to
Nige

Only when i'm working. I have to drive home afterwards - bus drivers are not kept in locked cabinets at the depot ready for the next mornings work.

I'd have to dispose of an awfull lot of rubbish to compete with the amount the passengers leave behind.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

A good excuse to buy a truck cab !

Reply to
Tony

They outlawed this a good few years ago when the Volvo plant at Irvine had a couple of serious problems (at least one fatality) caused by doing chassis runs during the winter and having the poor bloke frozen.

It did look funny though.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

It must have been 10 years ago now, but it made me piss!

-- Subaru WRX Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson) WTB a clean RRC pref 3.9 or LSE 4.2

'"gimme the f*ckin' money"

Reply to
Nige

Provided you can demonstrate a legitimate use for it, you have very little to worry about. Unless of course, you use it for any 'different' purpose which cannot reasonably be claimed as self defence in a 'situation'. A carpet fitter once got off with using a Stanley knife during a fight - as he'd claimed he used it for work (I, it has to be said, would not necessarily have agreed with that decision).

I led a training day recently where I produced a 6 cell Maglite.

The same 6 cell Maglite I'd used some 8 odd years ago to 'defend' myself against a couple of 'burglars' (I believed them to be burglars, as they were in my back garden trying to force a window). I asked whether this could be accepted as an offwep.

Reply to
Mother

Yeah, can't imagine you locked in the closet ;-)

Tell me about it. I try to use buses here as it's easier than driving onto the city centre and trying to park. After the skool-kiddies have left I could fill a couple of recycling bins with what's usually left.

Reply to
Mother

so Mother"

Reply to
Richard Brookman

The back of my 110 County looks like that at the moment - got the grandchildren for the school holidays. JD

Reply to
JD

Two barking dogs... (Any advance on two?) JD

Reply to
JD

"They" made it very complicated - which is pretty much why I decided to spin it that way in the training (I love new intakes!). The answer was simple: "no", and really should not have taken longer than 2 minutes to reach that decision.

In a different environment, with (proven) different motives however, it could easily be...

...'yes'.

Reply to
Mother

Thats not a bad idea and would work in the Disco II already the coin drawer and ash tray are inter changeable either side of the front drinks holder.

You still need the availabilty of plugin 12v power though but they could use that as an excuse to provide a decent power socket and connector. You never know one designed for the job of providing power, reliably.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Another VW problem, they are perm live. Very irritating