Totally reliant on a 21 year old 110 with 234k on the clock!!

Heel!

-- Mark.

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

MVP

Later SIII SWB did indeed have 11" brakes fitted. I've got a 11" set of front brakes to fit to my IIa SWB as i'm not entirely happy with the 10" setup - more to do with the adjusters setup (ie only one adjuster on the front - who thought that one up?) than anything else. I was just wondering if I'd get away with retaining the SWB master cylinder. Evidently not, so it will go to replace the clutch master which leaks.

The best ones are the servo assist 109" 1-ton brakes, with the extra wide shoes/drums. {The same ones they fitted to the 101}. I had them on my 2.6 SIII, and the thing would stop on a sixpence.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Hehe. I'm not even sure it's got one in it......

Alex

Reply to
Alex

From June 1980.

You'll need the 109 master cylinder - why not go the whole hog and have a servo too......

All 6-cylinders had the wider drums/shoes, as did the 1-Ton and Stage 1 V8, and as you say the 101 (in fact all FC's).

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Unfortunatly 1-ton drums don't fit a 101, as the 1-ton 5-stud drums are a lot cheaper than the 101 6-stud ones.

Unless you're handy with a drill.....

Alex

Reply to
Alex

No.

I was giving my opinion, based upon some degree of experience WRT the way these types of cases are presented to the Courts. I, thankfully, do not, however, have to investigate these cases.

Reply to
Mother - (on the road)

so Austin Shackles was, like...

If I understand your argument correctly, we should try to cause minor accidents with any bad drivers we see, so that they learn their lesson with us and don't have more serious accidents elsewhere? It doesn't stack up when you put it like that.

To be completely honest (and I promise I'll shut up too), I have often been tempted to give someone the consequences of their own bad driving - people who pull out selfishly, idiot lane-changers, tailgaters, the lot. But it's all a bit self-righteous and superior, and in retrospect it's far better to let them go on their way. There are too many accidents and tragic injuries already, without us "better" drivers causing more.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I'm with that sentiment, putting other wrongs right makes you a big headache in the long run!

Fuck 'em all & get on with yer own lifes!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"Say hello to my little friend"

Reply to
Nige

so Nige was, like...

Amen to that.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

You misplet Tuareg

Reply to
wayne

Still waiting up here....

Reply to
wayne

On or around Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:53:15 GMT, Alex enlightened us thusly:

more important in a lot of ways. I can never understand this modern trend for changing the filter every other oil change... filters, generally, are cheap, and engines aren't.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:49:40 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@lardrover.co.uk enlightened us thusly:

deliberately, and in any case, 's not him that had it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

ahh f*ck yea bollocks, completely slipped my mind, I was in halifax and lincoln a week or so ago an'all. I'm next passing through endish of october.

-- Mark.

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

MVP

And wearing seatbelts has been a legal requirement since the late 1970's here, and all children under 5 years old must be in an approved child restraint.

Reply to
EMB

Yes - S3 109" master cylinder and booster.

Reply to
EMB

Ask any Circuit Judge or Magistrate that and they'd laugh so loud you'd need ear protectors...

One from earlier today:

Landlord up for selling to underage yoofs. Denies it all, to the hilt, claims said yoofs were obviously over 18 - actually said they looked more like being in mid 20s (not that it mattered).

[45 minutes of wasted life later]

Landlord admits said yoofs go to same skool as Landlords son, also go to same yoof klub, also play for the same local junior football team - sponsored by...

... the Landlord.

Reply to
Mother

in is cold hard facts,

What else could any peer base their judgement upon? A basic principle on our legal system is 'proof', not, as you say, superfluous bollocks.

Like it or (as I do at times) loath it, "The Law" is the only thing that barely protects us from complete anarchy - and believe me, complete anarchy is pretty close at times, and not the utopia that some political philosophers would have us believe it is.

Reply to
Mother

interested in is cold hard facts,

It is, however, sad that we have moved away from operating in the spirit of the law to operating within the letter of the law over recent years, thus allowing a lot of nasty people to get off on some ridiculous technicality.*

Richard

*excludes motoring offences, where the easiest target, i.e. the least articulate or those with the least access to legal adivce get done.
Reply to
beamendsltd

I think a lot of reform was born from the changing environment within which we live. The cases that may come before a Court are more complex and the arguments much more sophisticated than may have been the case in t1imes gone by. Much of this is due to many cases "falling at the first" and never going to Court, this will inevitably skew the perception of many.

Having said this, there is perhaps more scope for discretion now, and many other factors are taken into consideration before sentence.

Reply to
Mother