Towing Trailer 200 TDI Weight in kgs

Hi Guys

2 x Discos + trailer legal or Not in weight ?

Regards

Skinty

Reply to
Skinty

would depend on the trailer I would have said - I know a chum dragged his disco back from wales on a trailer - I a-framed mine back from essex :-)

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

On or around Thu, 24 Apr 2008 18:28:01 +0100, "Skinty" enlightened us thusly:

what licence have you got?

If you've got full B+E, then it's down to the weights - disco plus car trailer weighs in typically at about 3.0 - 3.2T I would think. The disco is rated to tow 3.5T (and this is also the legal limit for over-run braking), and you'd need a heavy transporter trailer to make it overweight.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In message , Austin Shackles writes

Austin is spot on

Most 3,500kg gross recovery/transporter trailers are sub 1000kg and even as low as 700kg so carrying Your Disco will be fine.

Reply to
Marc Draper

I've just realised how crazy this is for the non-B+E driver. The rules allow a 1.75 ton car to tow a 1.75 ton trailer - probably not a very nice combination - yet restrict the larger LR products to pulling soemthing not much bigger than a wheelbarrow. Where's the sense in that?

Reply to
Dougal

On or around Fri, 25 Apr 2008 14:06:15 +0100, Dougal enlightened us thusly:

no they don't. You can't tow more than 750Kg without the trailer test, if you're a post-96 driver.

I can do C1+E, but only up to 8.25T train weight.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I stand corrected - that'll teach me to read things late at night and then not remember where it was!

I thought I saw up to 3500kg GTW and trailer MAM not to exceed tractor MAM. You're more than likely right and it makes more sense than the conclusion to which I'd been led.

Reply to
Dougal