Tyres for Disco 1

Anyone know for certain if you can fit 265/75/16 tyres on a D1 with no lift or arch mods?

Reply to
Andy

I asked this, but I seem to remember you can't.

Reply to
Nige

Found from another forum that 245/70/16 is as big as you can go.

Reply to
Andy

No. You'll need to at least cut the rear wheel arches a tad. They're close, but larger, in size to my 31 x 10.5 BFG AT's and my rear wheel arches are bent a bit from not cutting.

is a good page to look at ...;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Kinda depends on whether you're asking about on or off-road tyres. I've got a set of 265/75R16 Pirelli Scorpions which are fine on tarmac ~ even over speed cushions and humps ~ but would definitely foul the bodywork on anything rough. The extra width makes low speed manoeuvring a bit more physical and you can hear the steering pump complain as you get towards full lock. They also increase fuel consumption by a noticeable amount.

HTH

Reply to
SteveG