UJ Greasing

I went under Mavis last night with the grease gun to do my prop shafts etc.

When I greased one of the UJ's grease came out of one of the bearings as per usual, but none came from any of the others. I kept going for a little while, but to no avail.

Any tips for unblocking the grease channels?

Also, there is a lot of sideways play in the front diff input shaft - do I need to be worried about this, and is there anything I can do to tighten it up or should I just wait for it to go and replace it with a scrap one?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Coleman

No real solution but to pull it apart - but it may be getting grease in anyway

Should have no play here at all. The nut holding the flange onto the shaft may be loose, as it holds the bearing in place. - you can check it by unbolting the shaft at the flange. JD

Reply to
John