V8i disco starting problem

I have got a problem with a 97 V8i Discovery, the thing wont start. it is a ignition problem, i have renewed the ign amplifier, it started ran for 5 secs and died, put another new amplifier on it and the same again. the coil has also been checked. Don´t know where else to look, its only done 50,000 miles.

Any one got any ideas??

Many thanks

Lobby

Reply to
Lobby

Recently had exactly this. My rotor arm looked fine, but needed replacing.

HTH

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Hi Tim, I have no spark from the coil, so its not the rotor arm. It seems to burn out the ign amplifier as soon as you try to start.

Lobby

"Tim Hobbs" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Lobby

check/change the fuel filter , it may have water in it

Reply to
M0bcg

"M0bcg" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m21.aol.com...

What does the fuel filter have to do with no HT spark from coil????

Lobby

Reply to
Lobby

Lobby,

It may be the immobiliser - the spider fails, intermittently! You can bypass it, but my boor brain has forgotton which contact on the coil controls it. A simple wire to the battery from the terminal bypasses the immobiliser and it will at least tell you if the spider has gone!

Someone on here, hopefully, will know which terminal to rig :)

Neil

Neil Brownlee