What does this combo of dashboard warning lights mean?

Bit wierd this, and on xmas eve, - just before we have to drive

500 miles to visit family. Typical.

1999 D2 V8. Car drives fine, but three dashboard warning lights have just decided to appear, - all at the same time. Traction Control, ABS and Hill descent. Could this be something simple that I could fix today? (I hope)

Thanks urgently in advance!

Howie.

--

Apply the usual ROTten Baker's-Dozen to the following to reply by email: R-Znvy: hfrargNGpbnxyrl.pbQBGhx Fxlcr: ubjvr10

Reply to
Howie

Check the connections on the wheel speed senders. If it's more complex than that, you aren't fixing it today.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Or hill descent control...

Agreed, the only one that might catch you out in a dangerous manner is lack of ABS on a loose or icy surface. Depending on the age of the DII you might have a locking central diff, just not the control cable to the transfer box lever. If you find that you need TC grovelling underneath with a 10mm spanner might get you going again.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

|On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 09:26:46 -0000, Nige wrote: | |>> Q: Is it safe to drive, in the meantime? |> |> Just be aware you have no abs or traction control, | |Or hill descent control... | |> but it's fine to drive. | |Agreed, the only one that might catch you out in a dangerous manner is |lack of ABS on a loose or icy surface. Depending on the age of the DII you |might have a locking central diff, just not the control cable to the |transfer box lever. If you find that you need TC grovelling underneath |with a 10mm spanner might get you going again.

Well, I've spent the last two hours grovelling underneath to check any obvious probs with the ABS sensor connection. But I can't really get to it and I haven't got time to remove four caliper assemblies. So, I failed, I'm afraid. I wouldn't even know where to start with a 10mm spanner to get the TC working again!

I suppose I'll just have to live with it for a week or so and then get it into a main dealer - with the resulting extortionate costs.

Typical, cos I have recently been thinking about selling it and buying a decent Defender instead. Now.. who was it that was saying they want a V8 D2 SE Manual with a good LPG conversion in good nick? .. !

Reply to
Howie

It wouldn't get the TC control working but would lock the center diff and bring up another warning light on the dash that isn't in the book or self test and my main dealer didn't know about either...

If your transfer box has it there is a spigot on the top of the rear end (I think) of it that the linkage in a DI (or Defender) would attach to.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice