Whoever Thought of Central Locking on a Defender...

...should have sorted out the freezing f******* locks first!!!!!!

--
bert

bert wrote:

That's another thing I like about my Series 2a. You can use a blowlamp to unfreeze the locks, and it doesn't do any harm. :-)
On the other hand, it still hasn't got a working heater until I have a couple of hundred to spare for the matrix. :-(
--
Tciao for Now!

John.

You mean that IIAs can have working heaters ?
Adrian
--
To Reply :
Adrian wrote:

Well, they're more sort of a slightly warm draught generator, but yes, that round thing on the scuttle does put out some heat when it's working. The next job would be to put some draught strips round the doors...
--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Ah, mine (sadly sold in 2000, but I think still on the road) had a black rectangular box under the instruments. It made lots of noise, and would (given time) demist the windscreen, but that was about all.
Adrian
--
To Reply :
Adrian wrote:

Ah, that's the *late* Series IIa. New matrixes for those are cheap. Mine's the early one with the round heater, and the only other vehicle the matrix seems to fit is a Jaguar, which explains the price...
If anything, the old style are worse than the later ones, as all they do is attempt to warm the air that's already inside, damp and all. Before it started leaking, mine would demist the screen after about 5 miles, unless I hit a decent puddle, in which case, water got onto the matrix, and you could see steam coming out of the demister vents, closely followed by a severe fog. :-/
--
Tciao for Now!

John.

..And the quality :-(

Automatic climate control.

O.K. So somewhere somebody missed the de off demister. Probably the spill chicken.
--
bert