winch mounting on a s3

Hi all

Just come back from a rather nice weekend at Driffield well I say nice one or two issues with the organising of the event but that's another novel :-)

On my many trips around the site I picked myself up a winch and mounting plate but the plate is about a mile 2 wide for the chassis and im not really wanting to cut it so im going to make a custom plate up for it.

Has anyone fitted a winch to a 3 here and could give me some sound advice as were not to bolt what to bolt to etc im pritey much a newbie when it comes to this im on the steep learning curve at the moment.

Also if anyone has any links to pics etc that I can use would be really grateful all the best chaps I look forward to the advice.

Paul

a soon to be S3 109 6CYL ( fingers crossed)

Reply to
Paul Henry

When I had my Series 3 I fitted the winch on using a Defender winch bumper, just had to grind a tad off of the bottom mounts for the spring hangers.

My mate has bought a mounting plate for a S3 from Dave Boywer for his winch and it fits between the 2 dumb irons, quite a neat little design as it is predrilled for recovery eyes, and even has two holes for the roller fairleads, depending on the winch design.

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Vice Chairman and Webmaster

3.5V8 100" Hybrid, now LPG converted Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, currently under restoration Suzuki SJ410 (Girlfriend, at the moment......) 3" lift kit fitted, body shell now restored and mounted on chassis, waiting on a windscreen and MOT Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next Pug 106 (offroaded once!!)
Reply to
Simon Isaacs