Latest threads in Land Rover 4WD vehiclesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

oily clutch friction disc
Has anyone succesfully removed oil from a friction disc - or am I kidding myself :-( Fitted a Valeo HD just a couple of thousand ago and don't really want to buy new !! Cheers Dave
2
2

300tdi radiator
Does anybody have any views on aluminium over traditional (copper ? ) radiators as replacement fitment to 1996 Defender ? Aluminium appears to be about £50 cheaper but is it a false economy? Any...

300tdi rear oil seal
Looks like I'm going to have to replace the engine rear oil seal sooner rather than later :-( due to increasing puddles of oil !! Does anyone have any thoughts on possibility of shifting 300tdi engine...

DII Fan fell off!
DII TD5. Not long after leaving home there was a strange noise at one point a sort of lowish frequency whine didn't last long a didn't happen again. The Car didn't seem quite right driving, a little...
5
5

2006 LR3 96K Kms - replace inner tie rods?
I just retrieved my 2006 LR3 from the dealer where it had it's 96,000 km check-up. I am being told it is time to replace left and right inner tie rod. Does this seem reasonable. This baby has never...

Name for the bit that supports the outer bearing race while a drift is used?
This enquiry is from a friend of mine: what do they call the implement that you'd use to protect a bearing whilst it is being pressed into a housing ? I'm thinking along the lines similar to a drift...
6
6

Replacement Defender DC100 concept.
"Room for the drivers elbow" now there is a big improvement! -- Regards Bob Hobden 1986 90 Utility 2.5 petrol Slip behind the wheel, and you'll notice no similarities to the original Defender beyond a...

Ignition Wires Failing
We had the dealer replace all the ignition wires on an '03 Discovery 14K miles and 3 years ago. It looks like at least one of the ignition wires (cyl 5) needs replacement again. The original set last...
7
7

200 tdi oil pressure issues
I had the classic flickering oil light at tickover issue on my 1990 200 tdi Defender. Replaced sender with no improvement, did some googling and discovered the camshaft rear bearing moving syndrome....

Discontinued Land Rovers?
Leaving aside military vehicles, and accepting that the Defender was once the Series III (and by extension, the Series IIa, II and I) is Land Rover the only car manufacturer in the world to have never...
14
14

Cooling woes
Hi - not been here for a while but, I've got a problem with the cooling on my 3.5V8 110. I had a weep from the top hose so I changed it, and shortly after the pump to pipe (to the heater) went, so I...
5
5

Grin/ grimace time.
It's been raining, and there's a bit of road on my new route to work that floods to a couple of inches. No need to slow down, and the roof needed a wash anyway. Then there was this rather deeper,...
2
2

Disco I Trailing Arm Bushes
For the last MOT I had to change the rear axle trailing arm bushes [rear suspension lower link] on my Disco I. I bought some new ones from MM 4x4 but the problem has been that the metal tube inside...
9
9

Land Rover 110 Service - NW London
Hi I have a 2001 110 CSW TD5. I would like to get a proper service (90,000 miles), without going to an LR dealer. Can anyone recommend somewhere in North West London - Stanmore/Harrow/Edgeware etc...
1
1

Series III Stolen in W. Yorkshire
Stolen today, in broad daylight, a grey Series III 109". Replacement galvinised chassis, replacement 2.5l turbo-diesel, galvanised roof rack. She'd been SORN'd for several years and was in need of a...
2
2