106 Heater Problem

Hi,

My daughters N reg Peugeot 106 has developed a problem with the in-car heater. The fan appears to have stopped working although the fan can be heard whirring.

Is there a belt that may have broken?

Reply to
Dobbsy

The message from "Dobbsy" contains these words:

No - but it's likely that one of the flaps has lost its control rod/cable. Grovel in the footwell and follow the controls from the dashboard to the airbox. Bet one's dropped off.

Reply to
Guy King

thanks for that - i'll check it

Reply to
Dobbsy

Hah I wish it was that easy. SWMBOs 106 won't heat but getting to the back of the heater controls involves a dashboard strip out according to the BoL. Serpently you can's see much grovelling in the footwell.

Reply to
Malc

The message from "Malc" contains these words:

What's up, Malc - ain't you got eyes on stalks?

Reply to
Guy King

Only when my neighbours daughter walks past. I suppose I could feed a small child in behind the gear lever.

Reply to
Malc

The message from "Malc" contains these words:

It's only what the Dickensians would have done if they had dashboards. Actually - they did have dashboards - they were (are) the boards on the front of carriages which prevent the horses' hooves dashing you with mud.

Reply to
Guy King