Latest threads in Car Maintenanceshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Early MOT?
Because I'm planning on taking a 1,000+ trip to France in a couple of months I'm intending to have my car serviced soon, it last had a service and MOT (its first MOT) in August 2007. Even though the...
8
8

OT valuation for Hyundia car
Her indoors (who never is) has been left a "Hyundai amica 1.0 Si" 02 Reg. She already has a car (and would like to keep it), so it a case of selling the Hyundai. We took a trip over and collected said...
5
5

Ducato Petrol (W reg) Which engine?
Apologies for the simple question, it must appears I haven't done any research whatsoever. I recently picked up a Ducato 2.0 petrol on a W reg with little or no documents etc and no matter where I...
7
7

Astra diesel - how do you open the air box?!
It should be easy, but I can't see how to open the box to remove the air filter! All my previous cars have had simple clips or a couple of bolts, but this has got me stumped. I'm guessing you have to...
4
4

2005 Focus 1.8 TDCi. 3rd Service looming.. Costs?
As per subject really. Any ballpark figures? Bearing in mind Ford franchises round here charge about 140 pounds for the first and second year services.. thanks paul.
4
4

best car for £2000?
Looking for another car, was thinking maybe a Ford Focus are they a good buy at this price? What others are recommended? I like cars with good handling, and economical too.
1
1

'spensive PD oil in plain old 90 hp TDI Golf
Howdy. :) I think the guy who serviced my 90 HP Golf TDI put in the wrong oil. I think he may have put in the PD expensive stuff. Is that a problem or is it only the other way round that would be a...
3
3

bloody Nationwide Autocentre !!
Nationwide Autocentre what is wrong with this company ! I've heard & read so many bad reports im surprised they are still trading. I did an MOT on a vehicle this morning that had one done at a local...
12
12

Mk2 Modeo Brake parts. Best cheap make?
Hi all, again. My old mondy [1] has totally shagged front discs. Well, they're 11 years old. I'm not rich, so I want to get some aftermarket discs, but which brands would you lot reccomend as being...
18
18

What's going on?
My posts are appearing in some groups but not others. Can you see a post from me in the "Grease on wheelnuts" thread? TIA
7
7

Split Outer CV Gaiter - Warranty Item?
After some advice please. My 3 year old Peugeot has just gone in for its first MOT and they have found a split outer CV gaiter which needs to be fixed for it to pass the MOT. As the car is still...
17
17

VW Passat Electric Windows
1999 Volkwagen Passat 110TDI. The NSF electric window stopped working when I tried to wind it down when there was ice on it. (Yes, I know, silly boy) I've had the door to bits this morning and I can...
8
8

Cancer Center (mesothelioma)....all information for your health…and….live more…..
Thanks

Crike, we've come a long way.
Had a glance through one of those christmas gift books in the bookshop today, something along the lines of "Cars what you Dad might've drove once" with the top gear name stuck to it. The striking...
34
34

Bravo - clonking / flapping noises
Hi NG, I have a Bravo (N reg 1995 approx 96k) with a problem and I'm hoping that somebody here will help. I am not very mechanically minded so I will try and explain as best I can. Went to leave work...
4
4