Astra 1.6 2003 Emission warning light

Hi,

The Emssion warning light has latched on permanty on my Astra. What are likly causes? I did take it down a very dusty road could it just be a case of new air filter or something worse?

Reply to
James Salisbury

there are loads of sensors fitted, it could be anything, you need to get a scan tool and check wot fault codes are in. and them codes are only a guide.

Reply to
ford_technical_

In article , James Salisbury writes

The emission warning light is what lit up on my Astra - and it's looking like a big problem! See other thread.

Reply to
David Mahon

Is there a seperate light for the emissions systems and engine management on these cars? If it's 100% an emissions light, then it's likely to be either the O2 sensor is shagged or the EGR system has thrown it's dummy out the pram.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts