Astra a bit lumpy after battery swap, ECU remap????

My astra 1.6 auto 52 plate was a bit sticky at starting on the cold mornings, and the battery measured 12.21 v after standing overnight..

Popped into Halfords for a new battery, and they used a Draper memory saver.. Unfortnately it lost the clock, when I tried to start it was difficult catch amd both the engine warning light and the emissions warning light was stuck on. The engine warning light cleared after a couple of mins the emissions warning light was a little more persistant.

Am I right in thinking the ECU needs to learn the car again, is there a correct proceedure? It is driveable and the emssion warning light has gone out. How can I prevent these kind of problems next time?

Thanks

Reply to
James Salisbury

some cars retain the info others can take several miles before they remap themselfs , in that time they can perform like a bag of spanners

Reply to
steve robinson

Its usually two "driving cycles" - gets up to temp, used throughout the rev range at light and high throttle, cools down. Some require more. Some define driving cycle as something a bit more complex, but I'd give it a couple of days decent driving. The "memory saver" is just another battery used in parallel to stop the loss of power - I'd worry about the competency of halfrauds if they cannot apply a battery the correct way to save the memory.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

They probably did, but it's the same one they've been using for years and it's internal battery has had it...

Reply to
PC Paul