Astra Seat Problem

Hiya, Yesterday I noticed on my Vauxhall Astra MK4, that there is a white rod under the car seat that seems to be loose. Any ideas what this is for. Is it for the Seatbelt Tensioners?

Thanks

Reply to
Dattani, R (Ritesh)

I had a MK4 seat out of a car yesterday and don't recall any white rod, all there was under the seat really (bar the subframes) was the wire that goes to the pretensioner.

Reply to
Rusty®

Hiya Rusty what type of Wire was that, Was it just like any other normal cable. I think the Rod maybe from within the seat possible. If it is then it's safe to cut it off.

Reply to
Dattani, R (Ritesh)

Yeah just a normal wire, 2 pin plug, and goes to the pre-tensioner on the side of the seat, next to the seat belt buckle.

Reply to
Rusty®

OK I can see that under the seat, that must mean that this White Rod is from the seat itself, I'll see if I can put it back in or will cut it off. Thanks for all the help

Thanks

Ritesh

Reply to
Dattani, R (Ritesh)