Bedford midi diesel value?

I am looking to buy a bedford midi, i need a diesel for fuel economy, ive had a look at one yesterday but i have no idea of there value, this is an M registartion and the man is asking 1000 pounds, it seems to have no rust to speak of but has been hand painted aparently as he didnt like the old colour of grey, its now white and yellow (two tone) dosent look terrible, problems i can see are side loading door jumps off bottom runner, (aparently common) and silly things like ariel is bust, seat is a bit tattty. no radio, engine sounds great, dosent smoke, so anyone tell me if his price is about right for this year. regards tim.

Reply to
Tim Hoad

Sounds *horribly* overpriced to me! I regularly see old vans like this making £0-£200 at my local auction and that's with at least six months tax/MOT.

Reply to
PJML

Midi vans give an amazing range of faults, don't touch with a bargepole. Get an old transit, reliable and easy and cheap to fix.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Thanks for advice ive decided to give that midi van a miss, i recon he had painted it to cover up a lot of bad rust. Tim.

Reply to
Tim Hoad

In news:cas6uv$fh5$ snipped-for-privacy@sparta.btinternet.com, Tim Hoad decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

No, HTH.

Bedford Midi vans are shit. I'd not give more than about £50 for one.

Reply to
Pete M

Reply to
Tim Hoad

I cant see any hand painted van fetching more than £200 or £300!

Reply to
Alan

Tim Hoad ( snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It's a rebadged Isuzu.