Boot lid dampeners

The dampeners which hold the boot lid up, are they servicable?

Cheers.

Reply to
R D S

No.

Reply to
Conor

The message from Conor contains these words:

But new ones can be had.

Reply to
Guy King

Bloody expensive though :-(

They are usually referred to as 'struts' or 'gas struts', if that helps to find them for sale.

I've just found this place and I'll be asking them about struts for my Mazda... having a heavy 'stealth shelf' with hefty speakers mounted on it seems to have been too much for the original struts, so I want some stronger ones...

Going by the prices for their stock struts it looks like it would work out at about 1/2 to 2/3 of the OEM price for me... but don't quote me, I haven't bought anything yet!

Reply to
PC Paul

Depands where you buy them, scrappys are cheap, Exhausts Unlimited didn't use to be bad.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Not at an economic price.

Try a decent motor factor for generic replacements - the spec is usually marked on them somewhere. Usually much cheaper than maker's spares.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)