Brake wear indicator on a Ford Galaxy..

The brake wear lights started coming on about a week ago. The car has been in the garage and has had it's front pads replaced but the warning light is still on Any known causes for this fault on a Galaxy? Presumably a short somewhere?

Reply to
CWatters

The o/s rear brake also has a wear sensor & sometimes it can dislodge it before the pads are wore.

Could be a short but the ABS sensor is on the same loom, I would presume it show a fault aswell

Reply to
A C

On my BMW there is some sort of timer that keeps the warning light on even when the pads and sensors have been replaced.

Re-set by switching on the ignition, but not starting the engine, for a couple of minutes.

Worth a try since its free.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks. Will have a look.