Car pack-ups

Similar to others, plus... small torch spare wiper blade [lesson learned] moist baby-wipe thingys - handy for cleaning hands after wheel change etc couple of bottles of drinking water - after bad experience stuck on m'way for 4 hours on hottest day ever. bag of nuts - as above pen/paper

Reply to
Sim G.

In no particular order:

Trolley jack

2x axle stands tow rope 1/2" socket set 1/4" socket set 2' breaker bar gearbox, engine and axle oil coolant, clutch and brake fluid screwdrivers - all sizes Hammers - all sizes Ring spanner set Open ended spanner set punches jublie clips pliers vice grips vice multimeter feeler gauge circlip pliers gas soldering iron cabling duct tape box of fasteners and cable ties ball joint splitter grease pump oil syringe torch Haynes work shop manual parts list torque wrench Funnels oil filer remover jump leads files x3 brake bleed kit 12v drill & bits

there's more but i can't remember.

is this overkill? I'll let you guess what I drive! :-)

Gromit

Reply to
Gromit

Yup. I got some funny looks pull starting my wife's fully ladened Passat estate with it once when the starter had failed, but it hauled away as though there was nothing there.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

yes.

Yes.

Yes - right first time - give that man a prize!!

I've nowhere to put it all, so it all lives in a locked box bolted to the tub.

Gromit

Reply to
Gromit

I got some funny looks from my cousin in his Citroen AX 1.4Diesel...... I was towing him from the M6 back to Blackpool after it blew yet another head gasket. Anyway, we had just set off, turned round, up the sliproad and onto the motorway. I was very tired, forgot I was towing, pushed to right pedal to the floor. looked behind and one of the front wheels of the citroen was off the floor as we had tied it to the towbar.

Afterwards my cousin commented that he had never got the car to go that fast on it's own engine.

Those volvo 960 3litre 24Valve engines can seriously tow!!!

Andy

Reply to
akd

The message from akd contains these words:

It's perceived as faster, as well. I towed a friend's husband home considerably slower than he would usually drive down that road - and he reckoned I was going far faster than he would.

Reply to
Guy King

nice :)

Reply to
Angus McCoatup

thats megga overkill, the extra fuel to pull it all around. Some scroat would be quids in if they broke in there. It must be unreliable, your journey to work is a 500 mile daily drive or you have no garden shed :) I've got wheelchanging gear, maybe a screwdriver and a pair of vise grips, in my old Landrover (1985).

Reply to
Angus McCoatup

Mobile phone and hubby's number

Reply to