Damn stereo

2000 GXE non-bose system CD player died on me. It reads CD ERROR F3 and the CD only goes in half way. I called the dealer and they told me $450 just to have it repaired!!! So, does anyone have any other alternate options that I could investigate? I'm sure you 5th gens know the looks of this monster stereo. I don't need nor really want the tape deck. I am looking for a stereo that has more juice, better sound and hopefully is MP3 friendly and CD-R friendly. Without the CD's playing I damn near feel like I have fallen and I can't get up ;) Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Reply to
LACropCircles

Just buy an aftermarket stereo. You can find one much cheaper than 450. It doesn't matter about the size of the factory stereo because you can install a kit that will allow you to put in a smaller radio. I'm sure you can go to your local Best Buy or Circuit City, or if you want a little better quality or a few more gadgets you could go to a local stereo shop or a Tweeter if you have one in your area.

Reply to
Joshua Johnson

Reply to
E. Meyer

There are repair places out there who can fix these radios if you want to go that route. Do a google search on maxima radio repair. Try this one for starters:

luck. Bob

95 SE Auto 89 SE Auto traded

monster

friendly and